Erinys Iraq Limited is Searching for an Experienced Finance Manager
Are You an Accomplished Finance Manager? Erinys Iraq Wants You!
Erinys Iraq Limited, a leading security and risk management company in Iraq, is currently seeking an accomplished Finance Manager to join their dynamic team in Baghdad, Iraq. If you are a finance professional with a proven track record and a passion for driving financial success, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
About Erinys Iraq Limited
Erinys Iraq Limited has been operating in Iraq since 2003, providing a wide range of security and risk management services to clients in various sectors. With a strong commitment to excellence and a focus on delivering innovative solutions, Erinys has established itself as a trusted partner in the region.
As the Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial operations of the company. Your responsibilities will include financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for providing strategic financial advice to the senior management team and supporting business decision-making processes.
Accounting and Financial Management - Accountancy:
- Supervise accountancy procedures: filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.
- Verify and compile monthly accounts and invoices.
- Communicate accounts monthly to the senior management team, respecting procedures, and deadlines.
- Ensure Invoices are submitted to clients in a timely and accurate manner, and actively engage with operations team and/or client counterparts to promptly resolve issues impacting payment recovery.
- Reporting of the annual accounts to the auditor in the first quarter of the year.
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents.
- Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the General Delegate.
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorised visas.
- Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions.
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and bases and communicate cash requests to the HQ.
- Manage money transfers, bases cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.)
Commitment of expenditure:
- Set up and formalise procedures for the commitment of expenditure, conform to procurement guidelines: set-up commitment ceiling in local currencies, define methods and timescales for payment according to local practices.
- Ensure that procedures are adhered to in terms of contracts and payments.
- Ensure that proof of purchase is valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts etc.).
Ensure budget follow-up:
- Develop tables necessary for financial monitoring and for budget follow up within the mission.
- Analyse gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses.
- Anticipate financial risks.
- Calculate and supervise the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs) in coordination with Logistics Assistant.
- Calculate monthly communication costs of each base (phone, e-mail, Internet), in coordination with IT and Country Director.
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree minimum in Finance or related area.
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English required - ability to communicate in local languages an asset.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project Management software.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance.
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
- Familiarity with the aid system and understanding of donor and governmental requirements.
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset.
Why Join Erinys Iraq Limited?
By joining Erinys Iraq Limited, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled and diverse team of professionals who are passionate about making a difference. You will be part of a company that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. Erinys offers, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume/CV to [email protected] Please include "Finance Manager Application" in the subject line of your email.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to advance your finance career with Erinys Iraq Limited. Apply today and take the next step towards a rewarding and fulfilling professional journey.