We are Hiring: Training & HSE Manager, Iraq
Training & HSE Manager, Iraq
Are you an experienced professional in Training and HSE management? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the security industry in Iraq? If so, we have the perfect job role for you!
Erinys Iraq Limited is currently seeking a highly skilled Training & HSE Manager to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the safety and preparedness of the company's workforce, while also driving the development and implementation of effective training programs.
As the Training & HSE Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Country Management Team in maintaining operational training and quality audits on all Erinys LN Employees and Expat Contractors.
- Liaise with Country Director and Director of Operations for guidance on policy and delivery requirements.
- Team/Static Training: Ensure all teams/Static Guard are trained on a regular basis to meet the Client MSS on all required drills as per Client MSS and other requirements as set out.
- Conduct Training Needs analysis to identify areas of training and further development.
- Ensure the Minimum-Security Standards (MSS) on the Client Contracts are complied with regarding all training requirements.
- Ensure that all Erinys personnel are fully informed of the Company's SOP requirements.
- Always remain client focused and professional.
- Remain fully aware and conversant in all procedures inclusive of Client Company Procedures, contractual and company requirements and ensure dissemination to the team.
- Carry out training duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Schedule and conduct Internal Training as required throughout Iraq, assist with audits, training document revisions, recommendations and training reports taking corrective actions where identified.
- Remain proactive in training approach, stay in touch with recent incidents and tendencies in Area of Operations.
- Maintain a high state of readiness and familiarity of all training procedures, policies and materials.
- Participate in Contract proposals regarding training requirements as per the Statement of Works.
- Carry out inspections and identify areas of improvements of delivery, materials, and programs as we strive for continual improvement.
- Maintain quarterly DDT training programs in conjunction with the Erinys Training Department.
- Ensure Clinical Governance is maintained.
- Adapt Erinys safety culture & ensure that all provided services are conducted safely.
- Assess, develop, implement, and manage the strategic direction of HSE Department.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of Health, Safety and Environmental activities and systems and identify changes or improvements as necessary.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Erinys Iraq Integrated Management System.
- Preparation of annual health, safety and environmental plans which set performance objectives and targets.
- Be fully conversant with existing and new statutory legislation, regulations and codes of practice affecting Erinys operations in Iraq.
- Participate in contract proposals providing HSE requirements and recommendations.
- Oversee and direct the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Department in support of all projects.
- Provide HSE Required training to all employees/contractors across all sites, including toolbox talks.
- Investigating the reporting of all incidents/accidents in liaison with relevant personnel, occurring on any Erinys sites.
- Recommend HSE Minimum Standards for all Erinys operations and projects.
- Provide Health, Safety and Environmental presentations to potential clients as requested.
- Develop detailed HSE projects status report to be presented to Stakeholders.
- Performing periodical audits on site ensuring effective HSE management.
Experience/Knowledge and Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Proven experience in training and HSE management, preferably in a security or similar industry
- 3 years of experience in Training and HSE Management.
- 3 years of Mobile Protection experience in a hostile environment.
- 5 years of Military, Police, Security experience.
- Level 4 Hostile Environment CP – SIA or Equivalent.
- First Person on the Scene Level 4 (or equivalent such as FREC level 4) is required to teach First Aid.
- FPOS-I / FREC Instructor / Accreditor
- Experience/knowledge of security tasks (Mobile and Static Procedures)
- Good knowledge and skills with MS Office and tracking system. Advanced IT Skills to build course material.
- 35-50 years of age.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Intermediate Arabic is a benefit.
- Defensive Driver training/Advanced Driving Instruction qualification required (RoSPA or similar).
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of negotiating effectively.
- Administrative Skills – organizational and reporting skills.
- Communication skills – written and presentation English communication skills; ability to liaise and adapt to different audiences.
- Must demonstrate a workable knowledge/ understanding of a Mobile/Static Team operational requirement to remain compliant to the Client MSS’s – especially in Southern Iraq, Basra province Oil Concessions.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- H2S Awareness Instructors Course desirable.
- Award in Education & Training - PTLLS or equivalent essential.
- Professional HSE Qualification essential, NEBOSH Preferred.
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ensuring the safety and well-being of others. The successful candidate will have the chance to make a significant impact on the company's operations and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
If you meet the requirements and are ready to take on this exciting role, we encourage you to apply today. Don't miss out on this chance to join a dynamic team and make a difference in the security industry in Iraq!
Interested candidates can submit their resumes/CV to [email protected]. Please include "Training & HSE Manager Application" in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!